Food Sayings Lesson Plan
free, downloadable lesson plan with Student Worksheet and Teacher's Notes
Lesson Plan at a Glance
- Lesson Function 1: Introduce and practise topic-related vocabulary.
- Lesson Function 2: Create opportunities for practising fluency.
- Level: Intermediate to Advanced
- Time: 60 – 90 minutes
- Preparation: Photocopy 1 worksheet per student
A very enjoyable Pre-Intermediate/Intermediate lesson based on common sayings such as "a piece of cake".
A Mix'n'Match activity introduces students to the target vocabulary before the worksheet moves on to a gap-fill to consolidate the new language.
Commonly confused words are then discussed (such as "chips" and "crisps") before the lesson is rounded off with a fluency activity based around questions such as:
- Do you think the following saying is true or not : Carrots help you see in the dark?
This is a downloadable lesson plan that you can photocopy and distribute freely provided you do not modify its content.