To post a job announcement click: www.tefl.net/post
Hong Kong 🇭🇰 English Teacher, Hong Kong - NET Scheme
Posted By: ESLSTARTER Details of Position
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 GMT
Announcement for recruitment of Native-speaking (visa requirement) English Teachers (NETs) for Primary and Secondary Schools in Hong Kong.
Details of Position
The Education Bureau cordially invites you to apply for the NET positions in public-sector primary and secondary schools in Hong Kong.
NETs are required to teach English as a second language to Hong Kong students and assist in teacher and curriculum development in public-sector primary schools (for students aged between 6 and 12), secondary schools (for students aged between 12 and 18) and schools for students with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
Applicants who pass initial screening process must be able to attend an in-person interview and written test in London in early February 2020.
- Teach English in Hong Kong public schools, NET Scheme
- Salary up to £6,905 monthly (depends qualifications and experience)
- Special allowance £2,037 per month (terms apply)
- Primary and Secondary School teaching jobs
- Now accepting applications for London interviews in early February 2020
- 2 year contract and full training provided
- Arrive Hong Kong August 2020
- Come and experience Hong Kong
For more information on requirements and download of application forms, please visit the our web-page > Requirements for Primary / Secondary School Positions.
Salary and Benefits
The appointment will be on a two-year contract basis, normally starting in mid-August and ending in mid-August two years later, subject to renewal after expiry.
- Salary from HK$30,165 - HK$58,345 / month (£2,972 - £5,748) (Primary)
- Salary from HK$30,165 - HK$70,090 / month (£2,972 - £6,905) (Secondary)
- End of contract gratuity for satisfactory performance and conduct
- Retention incentive for satisfactory completion of continuous service in the NET Scheme from third year onward
- Passage, baggage, medical allowances and a special allowance of HK$20,989 per month provided for eligible appointees whose normal place of residence is established as outside Hong Kong and if he/she or his/her spouse is not receiving any similar benefits.
The salary and the terms and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the appointees qualifications and post-qualification teaching experience and the prevailing conditions at the time the offer of appointment is made.
Please apply to email@example.com