To order a job ad click: www.tefl.net/post
🇪🇸 💙 Teach English in Spain: Public Schools in Madrid and Murcia
Posted By: ConversaSpain (Multilingual Education Development & Support, S.L.) Do you want to teach English in Spain next academic year? Become a Language and Cultural ambassador with ConversaSpain, which currently works with more than 300 public schools in Madrid or Murcia. This program will provide participants with support moving to Spain, health coverage, initial training, and advice for every day practical non-school-related matters.
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 GMT
Do you want to teach English in Spain next academic year? Become a Language and Cultural ambassador with ConversaSpain, which currently works with more than 300 public schools in Madrid or Murcia. This program will provide participants with support moving to Spain, health coverage, initial training, and advice for every day practical non-school-related matters.
• Deadline: ASAP or at least before May 2nd
• Program length: October to the end of May/June (precise date TBC)
The conditions for the Auxiliares de Conversacion are different depending on the region participants choose:
Teach in Madrid
• 16 teaching hours per week
• 4 consecutive teaching days
• €1,000 monthly stipend
• Mostly rural and pueblo locations
Teach in Murcia
• 15 teaching hours per week
• 4 consecutive teaching days
• €875 monthly stipend
• Anywhere in the region of Murcia
Meddeas, a Spanish organization renowned for cooperating with private schools in Spain, has developed ConversaSpain, a spin-off with its dedicated team and brand. The corresponding regional Education Authority is in charge of the placements and of any school-related matters.
Requirements to Participate
• Native-level English speaker
• Citizen of a country where English is the official language/ Hold a C2 certificate or equivalent
• Applications accepted from candidates aged 18 to 60
• University degree in any subject
• Speaking Spanish is not required
• Job placement and monthly stipend ensured (€875 in Murcia and €1,000 in Madrid)
• Private health insurance (non-EU participants)/ EHIC coverage (EU participants)
• 15 - 16 teaching hours per week in 4 consecutive teaching days
• Paid school holidays (except for the summer period)
• Welcome document and pre-departure assistance (visa process and bank account)
• Help with the police registration process
• Induction meeting in the region: initial training, orientation, and meeting with other participants
• ConversaSpain support while in Spain
• Access to a multimedia platform: MOOC course, resources, and information
• Certificate of completion at the end of the program (Regional Education Authority)
• Activities held under the supervision and guidance of school teachers
• Four different programs available (TEFL course and/or immersion week available if wanted)
“I would recommend the experience with ConversaSpain as it was great to have a guaranteed placement and the support before coming to Spain was very helpful. I chose the immersion week option and was very happy. It gave me a good introduction to some of the main sites of Madrid, but more importantly allowed me to meet some other people in our program who I have remained friends with in my time here”.
Grant H., participant in Madrid.
Fees/Costs and Available Options in Madrid
• Basic: €1,275
• Basic + 140-Hour TEFL Course*: €1,675
• Basic + Immersion Week in Madrid: €1,775
• Basic + TEFL Course + Immersion Week: €2,100
Fees/Costs and Available Options in Murcia
• Basic: €1,050
• Basic + 140-Hour TEFL Course*: €1,450
• Basic + Immersion Week in Madrid: €1,550
• Basic + TEFL Course + Immersion Week: €1,900
* The 140-Hour TEFL and Teaching English to Young Learners Course is a co-branded TEFL course that includes the following modules: grammar, methodology, video observation, teaching larger classes and young learners. The online platform is available 24/7 and tutors are professional and available within 48 hours. A TEFL certificate will be issued on successful completion of the training and a hardcopy certificate will be sent by post to students’ addresses.
The Role of an Auxiliar de Conversacion in Spain
Participants could deliver conversational English lessons to students or staff, encourage oral practice in English, explain the culture of their own country, help in other subjects (such as science, art, P.E., history, or music), assist with pronunciation and grammar, prepare students for oral exams, and collaborate with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons. The specific activities and tasks depend on the school.
Language Assistants in Public Schools help teach English to Elementary, Middle and High School students. This is a supportive role; thus, they aren’t in charge of entire classes and aren’t responsible for grading or discipline.
Assignment: Selected candidates will receive the details of their specific school placement 8 to 10 weeks before starting at the school. Age-group and location preferences are considered whenever possible (we cannot guarantee specific placement preferences).