TEFL.net is based in Cambridge, England and may be contacted here. Like most websites, TEFL.net receives or actively collects personal data that may identify an individual visitor (you/your). This notice outlines the personal data we collect, how we use it and your rights concerning that data.
What personal data we collect
The personal data we routinely (attempt to) collect from you includes:
- your IP address
- your web browser details
- details on how you use the Site
In addition, we collect personal data that you knowingly and willingly provide, including
- (when using our forums): your name, date of birth and other optional data if provided, and your email address
- (when contacting us, whether by email or webform, or when leaving a comment on any page): your name and email address
- (when receiving our email communications): details of how you use our emails, for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- (when placing orders): your name, email address, url, billing address and delivery address if different
In addition, we use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use the Site. Google Analytics stores information such as :
- the pages a user visits on TEFL.net
- how long a user spends on each TEFL.net page
- how a user arrives at TEFL.net
- what a user clicks on while visiting TEFL.net
The legal basis for collecting this personal data is to perform a task in your interest or for the maintenance and improvement of TEFL.net and its services.
We may share the personal data we collect with reputable supplier organisations (for example MailChimp, OptinMonster, PayPal, Stripe). We will never sell or rent your personal data to third parties. We will share your personal data if we are required to do so by law–for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime. We may transfer information about users if we are acquired by or merged with another company.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are automatically downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise your device and preferences, and can be used to improve your experience online.
What cookies do we use?
These cookies are used to ensure you can correctly navigate TEFL.net, play videos, listen to podcasts, make purchases or use forums.
These cookies are used to analyse trends, administer the website, track visitor movements and gather demographic information for aggregate use and to help us improve TEFL.net. These cookies are not personally identifiable.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser to accept or reject some or all cookies. For instructions on managing cookies, please see your browser’s Help section or visit AboutCookies.org. Be aware that some parts of TEFL.net may not function after you change your cookie settings.
How long we keep your personal data
We will retain your personal data only for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this notice
- the law requires
In general, this means that we will hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years or until you terminate your subscription to a given service.
Where your personal data is processed and stored
We operate our systems to ensure that your personal data is as safe as possible at any stage. When your personal data is transferred outside of the EEA (European Economic Area) appropriate technical and legal safeguards are put in place to ensure that you have the same level of protection as within the EEA.
How we protect your personal data
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your personal data secure. We have systems in place to prevent misuse of your personal data – for example, we protect your personal data using varying levels of encryption. We also make sure that third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
Changes to this notice
We may change this Privacy Notice. In that case, any changes will apply to you and your personal data immediately. If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
You have the right to request:
• a copy of your personal data
• information on how we use your personal data
• the correction of any inaccuracies in your personal data
• the erasure of your personal data if its storage is no longer justified