Make Your Own Worksheets with Worksheet Generator
Worksheet Generator is easy to use. It saves you time and lets you make personalized worksheets. Instead of fiddling around with tables and formatting, you can use pre-formatted fields to insert your words, phrases, questions and instructions. Save your worksheets or print them instantly. You can also print an automatic answersheet if required.
Worksheet Generator makes three types of worksheet:
Here are some tips and ideas for using Worksheet Generator.
This type of worksheet asks students to draw lines between matching words, phrases or short sentences. (You may know it as a spaghetti exercise.) Here are some ways to use matching worksheets:
- Match synonym to synonym.
- Match antonym to antonym.
- Match word to definition.
- Match short form to long form.
- Match baby animal to adult animal.
- Match sound to object.
- Match numeral to word.
- Match phonemic symbol to sound.
- Match sentence start to sentence end.
- Match collocation parts.
Scrambled Word worksheets
Word scrambles or jumbles make great brain teasers. You can use these to fill a time gap when a student or group finishes something early. You can also use these to review vocabulary or introduce a new topic. Here are some types of words you can ask students to unscramble:
- key vocabulary
- word wall/sight words
- spelling list words
- names of students in the classroom
- teachers’ last names
- names of places
- number words
- words that are difficult to say
- commonly misspelled words
- words with silent letters or other special features
- holiday or special event vocabulary
- grammar terms
With sorting worksheets students sort words, phrases or short sentences into two, three or four columns. Some of these ideas are more suitable for one type of sorting generator than another.
- Sort nouns into categories eg furniture, transport, buildings.
- Sort nouns into person, place or thing.
- Sort words into wordstress pattern eg ooO oOo Ooo.
- Sort words into number of syllables eg quite quiet.
- Sort short sentences into tenses.
- Sort words into parts of speech.
- Sort characteristics into positive or negative.
- Sort spelling into right or wrong (students make corrections).
- Sort independent and dependent clauses.
- Sort prefixes and suffixes.
For each worksheet type, you can see an example by clicking Make Worksheet before changing the prefilled template. After that, clear the template and make your own worksheet.
For best formatting, fill out all fields. If you leave some questions or answers blank the final formatting may be unpredictable.
You can use Worksheet Generator to make worksheets for all levels.
Worksheets on the go
You can use Worksheet Generator on your mobile device. If your device is connected to a printer, you can print your worksheet while you’re on the go.
You can use basic html in Worksheet Generator. You may want to use bold, italic or underlined font. You can also insert an image using an image source link.
Add the personal touch
Students appreciate it when teachers take the time to personalize materials. You can do this by adding quotes, reminders and tips to the extra info fields. If you have a small class or private student you can even make separate worksheets for each student and use your student’s name in the title.
You can easily use Worksheet Generator to make worksheets for other languages and in some cases for translation.
Worksheet Generator can make worksheets for other subjects such as maths, science and geography. For geography, have students match capital cities to countries. For maths, have them match questions to answers. For other subjects, they can sort food into food groups or unscramble the names of animals and plants.