A TEFL quiz for TEFL teachers
You can do this quiz online or print it on paper.
1. An activity that involves listening to a text, taking notes and reconstructing the text is called
2. "Elision" occurs when
3. Downloadable recordings that can be used for in-class listening practice or self-study are known as
4. The rhythm of English speech results from
5. Which of the following tasks would you likely NOT see in a listening comprehension test?
6. A colloquialism is a word or phrase that is common in
7. What does "schemata" refer to in relation to a listening task?
8. Classify the following activity: Two students get together and create their own dialogue between a waitress and a customer in a restaurant.
9. Hesitation devices such as "er", "um" and "well" are also called
10. Words that signal new or important information
Your score is:
Teaching Speaking Quiz →