NAPLES NAPLES NAPLES!

Discussion about TEFL jobs in Europe

Moderator: Joe

elrock

NAPLES NAPLES NAPLES!

Unread post by elrock »

So, I know I need either a TEFL or a CELTA, but other than that how do I get to NAPLES?

I have a BFA and I can think of no better way to spend a year than by teaching English during the day and studying renaissance art at night and during the weekends.

Right now I do have a resource of sorts: A very nice Italian doctor who is friends with our family.

So do I start contacting language schools in Naples and just asking around? What's the process? Are they going to look at my CELTA/TEFL and just laugh?

Certainly there are people teaching in Italy. High cost/low pay is not an issue. I've eaten ramen noodles and stayed in efficiencies before. I just really want to spend a year in Naples!

Thanks in advance,

-j
elrock

Re: NAPLES NAPLES NAPLES!

Unread post by elrock »

Lol I said Naples and I meant Florence :3 How silly of me, Like I didn't know that.

Also I'm pretty sure I spelled "Renaissance" wrong. Don't hold it against me, I'm just wore out this week. I'm serious about wanting to spend the next year teaching in Florence.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
beenthere

Re: NAPLES NAPLES NAPLES!

Unread post by beenthere »

Taught in Naples for 6 years, good thing you do not want to go there. Florence is wonderful, but very competitive amongst Teachers. Most people in the North, speak English. It is very expensive also. Perhaps you can stay wherever your family friend whom is an Italian Doctor lives and teach there too.