Hello! I'm new!

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

HelloKitty

Hello! I'm new!

Unread post by HelloKitty »

Im Gemma and on the 11th August I'm moving to Spain to be with my Spanish boyfriend.

So, I'm a bit scared actually. I just recieved my TEFL course by email & have completed the 1st module.

I'm doing the 140 hour combined course -the practical is 20 hours on the 7th & 8th.

There is SO much to read! Lol

Just wondered of anyone has any general advice really? (and how to stop getting so easily distracted as I only have 3 months to do it in!)

Thanks in advance
YaoKB

Re: Hello! I'm new!

Unread post by YaoKB »

Do a little introspection (if you haven't already) and find out whether you're truly passionate about teaching and/or English. If yes (even just a little), then I'm sure you'll be fine and do alright within the alotted time. Do you have a course tutor?

Other than how you feel towards TEFL, keep in mind the rewards. There's a whole number of them (i.e. Spain, boyfriend, money, knowledge, skills, respect, a worldwide TEFL network...) !
teachduygu

Re: Hello! I'm new!

Unread post by teachduygu »

Hi, I'm new too. You have returned to your home, I suppose. I hope everything has gone well. I'm writing for maybe you'd like to mention your experiences in Spain.
I think the same way you do. there are so so many things to read. When I was in university, I used to ask myself if I could ever stop reading and studying to find some peace.