online qualifications?

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

stuinoman

online qualifications?

Unread post by stuinoman »

At present, I am working in Oman. The end of my contract is coming up in July and I have been unsure of what to do next. At present, I am working as an Intermediate level co-ordinator at a General Foundation Program. There are no staff. We teachers do the lot. Make materials, prepare tests from scratch and I've got to coordinate it all. This semester I had 6 teachers under me and next semester, it will be over 15. I'm sh%$@# myself. Obviously, I'll want a change in July. Perhaps, work in the faculties and teach better students, have less work and a lot more job satisfaction. My HOD is happy with me and doesn't want me to leave. He suggested that I register for an online Masters in TESOL which could open the door for me to work elsewhere in the university. He mentioned that there was a university that offered a Masters in TESOL which also includes some parts of DELTA. He said he thought it was the University of Bath but I found no evidence of it on their site. I really want to go with a good one. ATTC in Brisbane was excellent for my CELTA. Does anyone know of a top notch program that I can do online? Does anyone know which course my boss was referring to? Help!
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Re: online qualifications?

Unread post by Alex Case »

Search for the Delta on here and most of the ones which are universities probably offer it as part of an MA:

http://cambridgeesol-centres.org/centre ... g/index.do

However, I'm not sure if any of them offer it distance as part of a distance course. You might be better doing the Delta distance (as long as you can find a Regional Delta Tutor/ Local Delta Tutor) through Bell or IH/ British Council, and then do a distance MA that offers credits off for people who have the Delta. I think Cambridge also have a list of those on their site somewhere, or you can google "university credits for Cambridge Delta" or similar.
stuinoman

Re: online qualifications?

Unread post by stuinoman »

Thanks a lot for that. I'll check it out.