Any differences between celta courses?

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

willgreg

Any differences between celta courses?

Unread post by willgreg »

Hello,

Basically I have spent the last month or so looking for a celta course relatively nearby to me and have been accepted onto a course with Concorde International in Canterbury, they seem fairly decent but I dont have any experience to compare them against. Has anybody ever heard of them? They are a Cambridge accredited organisation though and although its all standardised I havent been able to find many reviews of their course from people before me.

If not then if I went ahead with the course at Concorde and got my celta there do people think it would have a negative impact when I am looking for jobs or is just having a celta seen as acceptable. I only ask because a few people have recommended International House, which seems like a great place to do the celta and certainly is held in high regard but it would be much more expensive for me because of travelling involved.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
pokedmund
Rising Star

Re: Any differences between celta courses?

Unread post by pokedmund »

As long as its accredited on the Cambridge website, there should br no problem. All Celts courses are the same and regulated to ensure they are the same (by regulated, I mean the course and the course lecturers).

when applying for jobs, the Celta stands out on its own. I've applied for positions where they haven't asked me where I studied it. All they were interested in was that it was a certificate, I had teaching experience (gained from the course) and that it had Cambridge on it which they could show to the parents of the kids I taught.

Good luck with your lesson plans! ;-)
Joe
Admin

Unread post by Joe »

Ditto Pokedmund. The only real difference between CELTA courses is you - or rather the grade you get. A CELTA is a CELTA but obviously the higher the grade you get the better.
willgreg

Unread post by willgreg »

Thanks guys! Am going to go ahead with it and as you say give it everything I've got and get the best result I can!