Is February too late to look for jobs?

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions

Moderator: Joe

chrisc

Is February too late to look for jobs?

Unread post by chrisc »

Hello
I'm going to take the CELTA course, but is it wise to do it in January (my first opportunity) or will jobs be pretty thin on the ground in February, when I'm looking for a job?!
josef
Admin

Re: Is February too late to look for jobs?

Unread post by josef »

Where?
chrisc

Unread post by chrisc »

Europe. Hungary, Slovakia, Spain, Portugal and Greece probably my preferred locations.
systematic
Top Contributor

Unread post by systematic »

You don't say what kind of work you will be looking for. if you want to teach in mainstream schools, then you can look up the school holidays for any country on the Internet. Most other forms of employment for English teachers such as in high street cram schools and language institutes, in-company, etc, obviously don't depend on the academic cycle and will have openings at any time of the year. You can get a good feel for the employment market by watching the adverts on all the various TEFL job sites.
markc
Rising Star

Unread post by markc »

It's not too late, but it's a lot tougher to find work then. Be prepared to send your C.V. and a cover letter to lots of schools, and call them later to see if they have any vacancies.

Make sure you have savings to live for the first few months at least. Start looking for private students as soon as you arrive too.
markc
Rising Star

Unread post by markc »

The OP was looking for work in Europe, not Asia.