Teaching online

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

SophiesChoice

Teaching online

Unread post by SophiesChoice »

Hi all,

I have just finished my english teaching course and am interested in teaching online. I wanted to ask if anyone had any feedback or experience of doing this and if so, where and how they taught? There seems to be lots of different companies doing it.

Thanks for any help

Christine
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Re: Teaching online

Unread post by Alex Case »

Delta Publishing have just released a book on the topic:

http://www.deltapublishing.co.uk/titles ... ing-online

I haven't looked at my copy because I have no intention of doing online teaching, but their stuff is generally good. The author has also done some blog posts on the site about the topic, e.g. here:

http://www.deltapublishing.co.uk/2010/09
DavidB

Unread post by DavidB »

I can't say I read that book, but I did breeze through it in the store. It doesn't seem too interesting. Another one of those general books that doesn't have anything you couldn't think of on your own.

If you are interested in teaching online, I would start researching e-learning. Start with Moodle, Elluminate, Adobe Connect, and go from there.
SophiesChoice

Unread post by SophiesChoice »

I have found a website called Verbalplanet where teachers can advertise their lessons, does anyone have experience with this site?

Thanks
LeighS

Unread post by LeighS »

Hi,

You can find lots of online teaching jobs by simply googling ' TEFL job online'. A s long as you have a high speed internet connection, and a clear speaking voice, you should have no problem finding work.