Equivalence of foreign degree in Italy

Discussion about TEFL jobs in Europe

Moderator: Joe

Lisanna

Equivalence of foreign degree in Italy

Unread post by Lisanna »

Hi there, I was wondering whether anyone working in Italy has gone through the process of having their non-Italian university degree recognised in Italy? I'd be really interested to know how long the process took and whether the outcome was favourable or not, particularly in the case of a foreign four-year degree. Thanks, Annalisa
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Re: Equivalence of foreign degree in Italy

Unread post by Alex Case »

Could you let us know what it is for? Are you applying to become a state school teacher (rather than teaching assistant) in Italy? Or is it to get a working visa as a non-EU passport holder?
Lisanna

Re: Equivalence of foreign degree in Italy

Unread post by Lisanna »

Hi Alex, Thanks for the swift response. I am an EU passport holder and for some years I have been getting short contracts to teach in both middle and high schools, mostly as a teaching assistant - doing speaking practice for Trinity, Cambridge ESOL exams etc., aswell as General English. I have occasionally also taken a complete PET course, not just the speaking practice. I took over this work from an American lady who returned to the USA who did not have a degree. Recently I have been asked (and have not been asked before) to go through the equivalence process. I graduated from a British university with a four-year degree, majoring in foreign languages (not English). Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your assistance. Annalisa