MA Tesol for Mr. Average

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

subaru

MA Tesol for Mr. Average

Unread post by subaru »

Hello People

This is my first post and also welcome email to all you Teflolee people - *group hug, handshake*. Anyway intro, drums please, I’m a relative newbie to TEFL. I had done my Celta back in 2003 and since then taught on/off for around 2 years part-time. I’m now teaching ESOL citizenship for a learning centre and also a Learndirect tutor (NVQs in IT, Online English etc). However, which all the UK government quango cuts, I feel the blade is going to strike soon!
So after pulling and scratching my scalp for the last week, I feel it’s time to go where no 'Subaru 350 bhp' driver has been before, nope, not down to boots for sudocreme, but yes, the MA Tesol.

Ok the problem.
With all the talk and courses available, I feel too weak and scared. Firstly because I’m not as studious as I used to be, back in the days when 'pot' was without gmi. And secondly I’m a Graphic designer in academics and rather an arty farty guy. I’ve spoke to an associate at the University of Sunderland, who explains that with my experience (and not having a BA - just a HND in Design) I could be in line for acceptance due to experience but confirmation on application (tips accepted btw).

On the other foot, the itch is that the MA is going to be a long haul that’s going to mentally and physically cause me a brain disorder due to the immense pressure and intellectual constrains, which I feel a lack of. In other words, I feel like a dim wit trying to jammie on a course that I’m not supposed to do.

So now i've put the told you the score, get your pens rolling and darts and arrows welcome.
Hey, any feedback appreciated. And thanks for reading my post, yes I know, newbie strikes again!

Peace and love!
subaru

Re: MA Tesol for Mr. Average

Unread post by subaru »

I'm looking to do the MA Tesol, distance learning in approx..1yr - 18 months. Have been
madly beavering the net hard for all the information; boys its a jungle out there!

So if your a MA Tesol grad, or studying at moment please reply and if you live in Gloucester even better, coffee and donuts on me!!

Peace!
subaru

Re: MA Tesol for Mr. Average

Unread post by subaru »

Anybody studied MA Tesol UEL?