Ok so I am working on my celta pre-task. I just need a second pair of eyes to make sure that I am on the right path. It has been so long since I have learned about verb tenses and phrases. I thank those in advance for taking the time to read this and help me out!
What I need to do is take the underlined tenses/phrases and label what type they are and why. The pink text are my answers.
B. Name the underlined and numbered tenses (or verb phrases) in the following text and comment on the meaning.
1. was waiting = past progressive (or continuous) used to talk about an activity that took place over a whole period of time.
2. became = past tense of become, which is defined as begin to.
3. had been = past perfect progressive used to refer to a continuous, ongoing action in the past which was already completed by the time another action in the past took place.
4. was stamped = past simple used because it was a short, quickly finished action
5. haven’t changed = present perfect (negative) used as an example of an action that has been expected but did not happen yet.
6. It’s raining = present perfect progressive used to describe an action that started at some point in the past and continues through the present.
7. I’ve been living here for more than ten years.
I’ve been living = present progressive used to describe an action that started at some point in the past and continues through the present.
8. I’ll be leaving here on Friday.
I’ll be leaving = future tense used to describe what will happen
9. Toyota cars are made in Japan.
Are made - I am thinking this one is past progressive but I was thrown off by this one.