CELTA course?

Discussion about courses, qualifications and teacher training. Please do not advertise TEFL courses here.

Moderator: Susan

CELTA course?

Unread postby jonford » 05 Sep 2010, 20:42

I'm very interested in doing a CELTA course, but as someone who wants to go overseas and work, probably in schools to start with, is a CELTA course neccessary being a course aimed at the teaching of adults?
jonford
Registered Member

Re: CELTA course?

Unread postby systematic » 06 Sep 2010, 12:38

Hi, CELTA is a course for teaching adults. Do take a moment to check out all the other threads on this board to get more opinion about CELTA, what it's for, and where and why it might or might not be required.. You can do this by entering CELTA in the search box above.
systematic
Teacher

Unread postby systematic » 11 Sep 2010, 07:53

I should have added to the above, that while CELTA is in fact a course for teaching adults, and although it can be extended to a Young Learner's course (for more money of course), it's generally accepted in the industry that if you have a CELTA, you can teach anybody.
systematic
Teacher

Unread postby wasabi » 12 Sep 2010, 11:00

I would go with a TRINITY course if I were you as I had a poor experience on a CELTA course with Language Link in London and CELTA were not helpful at resolving it.
wasabi
Registered Member

Unread postby systematic » 13 Sep 2010, 13:22

Sorry to hear that you had a bad time on your CELTA course. It's extremely rare to hear any thing negative about it. However, there's no such place as 'CELTA' if you wish to complain. You should take the matter up with the course provider.
systematic
Teacher

Return to Teacher Training Discussion