I have recently passed the Cambridge CELTA, and I am now looking for my first job.
I would love to hear any suggestions that you might have about my profile and what I could expect.
To make it short, Here I am:
- French national, 32 year old
- Living and working in London since 2005 (working with loads of different nationalities(as a gardener)). I decided to change career.
- Passed the Cambridge CELTA this year (at a College in London / 6 months part-time course), enjoyed every second of it! I taught both elementary and pre-int levels (6hours)
- I have no other teaching experience
- Near native level of English
- Passion for languages
- I have been to Uni in France (10 years ago), for 2 years, studying Applied Languages in English and Italian, and Italian Language and Civilisation. But I haven't got a degree.
- I have got an A'Level in Litteracy and modern languages (English, Italian, German)(obtained in France)
Being now Celta qualified, I am looking forward to sart teaching abroad (south of Europe, Thailand, Vietnam, Brazil would be my favourite destinations).
I am aware that the lack of a degree might be an issue, but I would love to hear what you think of my profile ( - and + ), and how would you prospect for a first job with this profile?
=) There are so many contradictoy things on the net..... I thaught I would just ask directly what you experienced teachers think.
Thanks a lot for your advice, suggestions, ideas.... =)