Hello! I'm new!

For general discussion between teachers - or use one of the forums below for more specific topics.

Moderator: Susan

HelloKitty
Registered Member

Hello! I'm new!

Unread postby HelloKitty » 26 Jul 2010, 16:18

Im Gemma and on the 11th August I'm moving to Spain to be with my Spanish boyfriend.

So, I'm a bit scared actually. I just recieved my TEFL course by email & have completed the 1st module.

I'm doing the 140 hour combined course -the practical is 20 hours on the 7th & 8th.

There is SO much to read! Lol

Just wondered of anyone has any general advice really? (and how to stop getting so easily distracted as I only have 3 months to do it in!)

Thanks in advance

YaoKB
Registered Member

Re: Hello! I'm new!

Unread postby YaoKB » 05 Aug 2010, 20:36

Do a little introspection (if you haven't already) and find out whether you're truly passionate about teaching and/or English. If yes (even just a little), then I'm sure you'll be fine and do alright within the alotted time. Do you have a course tutor?

Other than how you feel towards TEFL, keep in mind the rewards. There's a whole number of them (i.e. Spain, boyfriend, money, knowledge, skills, respect, a worldwide TEFL network...) !

teachduygu
Registered Member

Unread postby teachduygu » 20 Mar 2011, 17:21

Hi, I'm new too. You have returned to your home, I suppose. I hope everything has gone well. I'm writing for maybe you'd like to mention your experiences in Spain.
I think the same way you do. there are so so many things to read. When I was in university, I used to ask myself if I could ever stop reading and studying to find some peace.

richardj
Registered Member

Unread postby richardj » 17 May 2011, 10:26

Using such an option to reduce the task will make some affects on your preparation. So its better to make it clearly noticed with the items.

Return to “General Teacher Discussion”