A game for a multilevel class of 50 students.

Discussion about teaching ESL to children

Moderator: Joe

Yvonnetje

A game for a multilevel class of 50 students.

Unread post by Yvonnetje »

I've ran out of inspiration since I've been studying the last week. I've almost finished all the modules of my TEFL course. I only need to finish the last one which is 'large classes'.

If anyone could help me out with the following assignment, that would be great!
Thank you!

Think of a game or activity for a multilevel class of 50 students (not one of those described in the module). Explain what language point or skill is practised, what the timing is, and how you will organize the game. (Write 150-200 words)
Yvonnetje

Re: A game for a multilevel class of 50 students.

Unread post by Yvonnetje »

Or this one maybe??
Prepare a plan for a 45-minute lesson on vocabulary of character traits. You have a class of 60 students of different levels. Think how you will generate and sustain student interest, how you will group the students and how you will cater for different learner levels. Note: you need to focus on familiarising your class with character/personality traits such as honest, stubborn or level-headed, not moods and feelings such as happy or sad. (Include the full list of words you plan to teach under 'Target language'). When considering presentation techniques bear in mind that the target vocabulary is non-visual (i.e. you cannot draw 'honest', etc). Remind yourself of the rules of lesson planning and include the following information:
•Objective
•Target language
•Assumed knowledge
•Anticipated problems
•Solutions
•Preparations and aids
igrant

Unread post by igrant »

hi everyone ,im also having the same problems with this question .any help would be much apreciated.
thank you
xinixia

Unread post by xinixia »

Hello, I'm in the same situation with the deadline only being 5 days away. Any help would greatly appreciated!! Thanks
ForumAngel

Unread post by ForumAngel »

Hi there,
Check this article on multilevel classes - there are some games in there:

http://www.teachingenglishgames.com/Art ... vities.htm

All the best
Shelley