Bachelor's in TESL...online...?

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

WickedEdges

Bachelor's in TESL...online...?

Unread post by WickedEdges »

So I'm looking for a school that is ONLINE and offers a Bachelor's in TESL. Does anyone know of any or some similar solution?

The country I'd like to teach in (Thailand) requires a Bachelor's in any subject, but I'd prefer it to be in Education or ESL. I'm up for any ideas. Appreciate any shout outs. Thanks.
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: Bachelor's in TESL...online...

Unread post by systematic »

AFAIK there is no such thing as a BA TESOL. Try using Google or touching the pages of the respected universities. Remember that most proper unis will require A levels for you to be accepted. The exception is the OU - who mainly offer distance courses. Most language, linguistics, or education degree courses require some campus and/or practical outside project work.
WickedEdges

Re: Bachelor's in TESL...online...?

Unread post by WickedEdges »

Thanks for the quick reply. What I meant to say was a university that offered Teaching ESL as a B.A. But that's ok, I've found a solution that might suit me better. I'm located in Alaska, so I don't have much available to me. But I can get my online B.A. in Education through the University of Fairbanks. Then I plan on taking my TESOL cert class in Thailand. That's the plan for now I guess.
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: Bachelor's in TESL...online...?

Unread post by systematic »

Fine. Just be careful who you sign up with in Thailand. The place is a hotbed of TESOL scams.