Flexible teaching work in London?

Discussion about TEFL jobs in Europe

Moderator: Joe

dlode

Flexible teaching work in London?

Unread post by dlode »

Hi,

I'm a 35 year experienced actor living in London. Recently I've been interested in doing a CELTA over the spring with an eye to moving abroad next year for a complete change of lifestyle. However, I wanted to enquire on whether anybody on this site knows whether there is much flexible work to be had teaching English in London over the summer and beyond.
Is there a dedicated site for this sort of thing? Somewhere that posts up jobs to had within the m25? I've already heard quite a few conflicting things on whether there is work in London and how easy or difficult it is to get but I'd love some more info from anybody in the know.

Thanks.
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: Flexible teaching work in London?

Unread post by systematic »

There are at least two things you can do:

- Google for a list of EFL schools in London using key words and phrases such as Learn English in London, EFL school London, English school London, Teach English in London, etc. then email them all and ask them about flexible teaching hours. Practically all schools of that kind use part-time teachers.

- Google for a list of TEFL/TESOL job sites using key words and phrases such as Teach English London, TESOL job London, English teacher London, etc.

As always when using search engines, it pays to be imaginative. If you are not getting the results you expect, refine your search criteria.
josef
Admin

Unread post by josef »

Just FYI, some schools in London can be found at:
http://www.englishclub.com/esl-world/se ... ery=london
dlode

Unread post by dlode »

Thanks so much.