Email

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

DavidB

Email

Unread post by DavidB »

Does anyone know how to get emailed when someone responds to your post?

I thought I had done it, but I've never gotten an email.
ICAL_Pete
Top Contributor

Re: Email

Unread post by ICAL_Pete »

If you are sending with Outlook you can go to the options for the specific email and tick "Request a read receipt for this message" or "Request a delivery receipt for this message".

When the receiver gets the email a box pops up on their computer asking if they want to confirm delivery/reading. They're under no obligation to confirm so you may never know.
systematic
Top Contributor

Unread post by systematic »

I think the OP is referring to e-mail notifications when a new message is posted to a thread he is watching. I which case he should check the option on this page:
"Notify me when a reply is posted."

- it's in the options list on the left below the editing window. last option in the list.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.
josef
Admin

Unread post by josef »

Also, check in your profile that your email address is up-to-date/correct.
DavidB

Unread post by DavidB »

It was a Spam issue. Thanks for the help.
systematic
Top Contributor

Unread post by systematic »

For anyone else looking for info in this thread, if you want other users to be able to contact you by email, the setting is in:
User control panel/Edit gobal settings/users can contact me by email

Your email address is the one you registered with. If it has since changed, under the current board settings, to check or change your current email address, you will need to send a PM to user 'TN' and request the desired action personally.
josef
Admin

Unread post by josef »

As systematic suggests, you need to keep your email address current. To update your email address:

User Control Panel > Profile > Edit account settings

You'll need to add a new email address twice, and put your current password in the appropriate box.

If you have trouble please PM me.