Teaching in Portugal (Oxford Seminars legit?)

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

Earlb

Teaching in Portugal (Oxford Seminars legit?)

Unread post by Earlb »

Hey guys,

I just graduated from university in America and I'm interested in trying to teach English in Lisbon. I have no prior ESL teaching experience.

What's the best way to go about and do this? I was looking at the Oxford Seminars, is that program legit?

I also heard about the International House in Lisbon has anyone ever got a job through that institution. Thanks in advance.
Lucas
Rising Star

Re: Teaching in Portugal (Oxford Seminars legit?)

Unread post by Lucas »

$995 is too much for a 60-hour course. You'll be better off with International House in Lisboa because they offer the CELTA, which is highly recognized worldwide.
Ontesol - Online TESOL/TEFL courses. http://www.ontesol.com
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: Teaching in Portugal (Oxford Seminars legit?)

Unread post by systematic »

If you are American, first check out other, very recent threads on this board about non EU citizens' prospects of getting legal employment in countries of the European Union. If you are American, the fact that your first language is English is not a de facto passport to a job - non native but fluent English speaking Germans, Swedes, Dutch, etc., will generally get there first.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.