Teaching with my Husband?

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

kristenn

Teaching with my Husband?

Unread post by kristenn »

I'm a recently graduated B.Ed French immersion student who is a native english speaker. I know this may be a ridiculous topic, but what do you think the chances of my husband and i (who is also a B.Ed English teacher) getting job postings in the same city?

We are very enthusiastic and interested in the program, and would love to participate, but obviously living in separate countries would be an issue.

Thanks a Lot!
Loulou

Re: Teaching with my Husband?

Unread post by Loulou »

Hi,
Well, you don't say which country you are interested in but there are countries that have a great demand for TEFL teachers and I think you wouldn't have a problem finding a job each in one of thoise countries.
I live in France and there are cities like Grenoble, Lyon and Paris where you could both work.
It's not a silly question at all but have a look around and maybe speak to people who have taught in the Asian countries and I'm sure you'll be reassured.
ICAL_Pete
Top Contributor

Unread post by ICAL_Pete »

Certainly a possibility depending on where you want to teach - which city or country.

But I'd recommend NOT trying to get work in the same school. Can lead to problems!
kristenn

Unread post by kristenn »

ICAL_Pete wrote:Certainly a possibility depending on where you want to teach - which city or country.

But I'd recommend NOT trying to get work in the same school. Can lead to problems!
Thanks a lot to both who replied! I will certainly look into that!

And I wasn't necessarily looking to teach in the same school, however the same town would certainly be favorable! ;) :P