Seeking to help my girlfriend

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions

Moderator: Joe

Zhexuan

Seeking to help my girlfriend

Unread post by Zhexuan »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi to all:

My name's Oriol Pallares, I'm from Catalonia; first of all I wish to quote that I feel a little cohibited in front of so many english teachers (I was really a terrible student at the institute).

My girlfriend is chinese (from Hebei province) and actually has a major degree on english language; she has finished the career the last week and now is looking for job; I've reccomended her to go to teach englsih to korea or japan, where she can earn much more money than in china and live better.
It is necessary to be a native english language speaker to get the TEFL?, that's the question that I'm doing to myself all the time, i've seen so many job offers, but all need a TEFL certificate (or something like that, I've read the faq section). So at first, knowing it will be a very good point to start at.

Thanks a lot for your help

Oriol
amm65

Re: Seeking to help my girlfriend

Unread post by amm65 »

[quote="Zhexuan
It is necessary to be a native english language speaker to get the TEFL?, that's the question that I'm doing to myself all the time,
Oriol[/quote]

Yes, to teach in Korea, the applicant must have a Bachelors degree and a passport from one of 7 English speaking countries.