reaaly certified?

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

victruiz

reaaly certified?

Unread post by victruiz »

Hi there!
I'm a new comer ,hope you'll helpme.
well ihave to tell you i'm planning to take a long distance tesol diploma but i'm not quite sure about the accreditation and validity of the courses the LTTC institution offers, and also the NORWOOD ENGLISH which also affers diplomas in tesol. does anybody know something about them.
ICAL_Pete
Top Contributor

Re: reaaly certified?

Unread post by ICAL_Pete »

Look at http://teflcoursereview.com which has former students rate their course providers.

My personal opinion is that online courses are ideal for entry level TEFL certificates as they provide a way into the industry for newcomers. A Diploma, however, is a higher qualification and whilst a lot of it can be done online, there should be considerable teaching practice included. So, this being the case, the only way an online course can do this is by having lessons videoed and then sent for assessment.

Do the diploma courses you are looking at have teaching practice assessment? They should do.
Lucas
Rising Star

Re: reaaly certified?

Unread post by Lucas »

Hello!
If you are looking for an advanced program, take a look at Ontesol's 250-hour Specialized program. It is recognized by TESL Canada Professional Standard 2 and ACTDEC UK Level 3. This program is an extended version of our 5-week Trinity CerTESOL program, which is recognized by TESL Canada Professional Standard 1, and it is half the price of a Trinity or CELTA. TESL Canada is highly recognized throughout the world and you can take the 20-hour practicum anywhere in the world as we will provide you and the supervisor with the material and guidelines.
If you want to take an introductory course, we also offer a 100-hour course that is recognized by ACTDEC UK Level 1 and we will give you a $100 discount when you upgrade to the 250-hour Specialized program.
Cheers!
Lucas
www.ontesol.com
Ontesol - Online TESOL/TEFL courses. http://www.ontesol.com