Distance learning MA in TEFL

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

textbook

Distance learning MA in TEFL

Unread post by textbook »

I was thinking of doing this course as it could get me some university work in japan. Can it enable me to get any work in other countries and at what level? before taking the course i am wondering how much benefit it will be me in other countries throughout the world. I heard the distance learning course wasn't accepted in Saudi Arabia?
Lucas
Rising Star

Re: Distance learning MA in TEFL

Unread post by Lucas »

Most online courses aren't recognized in Saudi Arabia. Ontesol's 250-hour Specialized TESOL Certificate plus the 20-hour practicum is because this program is recognized by TESL Canada Professional Standard 2.

www.ontesol.com
Ontesol - Online TESOL/TEFL courses. http://www.ontesol.com
textbook

Unread post by textbook »

Apart from Saudi Arabia are there any other countries it isnt accepted at? And fgenerally do they carry less weight? It really does seem to be a hassle to do the course fulltime back at home at a university in the UK. i dont have enough money for one thing.
Lucas
Rising Star

Unread post by Lucas »

Most countries require a minimum of a 100-hour certificate for entry level jobs. Ontesol's 250-hour course plus the practicum is recognized worldwide ( Including Australia, Canada, UK, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and private ESL/EFL schools in the US, where they do not accept online certificates).
Ontesol - Online TESOL/TEFL courses. http://www.ontesol.com
ICAL_Pete
Top Contributor

Unread post by ICAL_Pete »

textbook wrote:Apart from Saudi Arabia are there any other countries it isnt accepted at? And fgenerally do they carry less weight? It really does seem to be a hassle to do the course fulltime back at home at a university in the UK. i dont have enough money for one thing.
Note that some online courses are accepted in Saudi; ICAL have several graduates working there on the basis of their online certificate (although it is not, of course, an MA in TEFL).