Recently qualified.

Discussion about TEFL jobs in Europe

Moderator: Joe

vikingobi

Recently qualified.

Unread post by vikingobi »

I am a recently qualified teacher (CELTA) living in southern Spain. I taught for two years some time ago, during and just after university. I am finding it very difficult to find work in the Malaga area and I would like any help or advice that might point me in the right direction. I have sent countless e-mails and CV as well as speculative letters to prospective employers.
Help!
Chris
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: Recently qualified.

Unread post by systematic »

vikingobi wrote:I am a recently qualified teacher (CELTA) living in southern Spain. I taught for two years some time ago, during and just after university. I am finding it very difficult to find work in the Malaga area and I would like any help or advice that might point me in the right direction. I have sent countless e-mails and CV as well as speculative letters to prospective employers.
Help!
Chris
I worked in Spain in the very early 1980s - well before the days of Internet and email. The best way to get a job was to do a walk-in interview, particularly in the area of Tarifa, La Linea, and Malaga. Spain is still a country where generally things get done easier and better by personal contact rather than by telephone, fax, and e-mail. Admittedly, I was living in the South of France at the time, and all I needed to do was to get on my motorbike to go job hunting in southern Spain for a few days.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.
vikingobi

Re: Recently qualified.

Unread post by vikingobi »

Thank you very much. I will start to do the rounds of the local schools. As you probably know, getting info on address is difficult but "nothing ventured, nothing gained".
Once again, many thanks.
Chris