Begin being at the beginning

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

scottforsail

Begin being at the beginning

Unread post by scottforsail »

Hello,

And thanks in advance to anyone that can answer or attempt to answer in any capacity.

My situation: I want to take an online/distance learning TEFL course that is cheap and can at the same time give me the qualifications to teach overseas well as (Japan for starters) BEFORE I dive into CELTA. In other words, is it possible to take a course that is somewhat properly accredited that is completely online where I can go at my own pace as I haven't the resources for actual teaching practice at this time. Furthermore, will this course allow me to qualify for an entry level job.

I want to ultimately do the Celta and get the teaching practice hours, but as I am busy working full time currently. I'd like to take a quality online course for 200-400 dollars, a hundred hours, and while not as good as the Celta, the best in its class for distance learning and for the dollar. Any suggestions? Or perhaps you think I should just save up for the Celta and not bother with online learning? I'm all ears!
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: Begin being at the beginning

Unread post by systematic »

Hi Scottforsail,

This is one of the most hotly debated and discussed subjecst on the forums. I recommend you spend a while checking what advice others have already given to similar questions, and what others say about their experience or the choices they made. If you then have a specific question to which you can't find an answer, then by all means come back and fire away!
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.