Suitable courses?

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

ree123

Suitable courses?

Unread post by ree123 »

Hi all.
New to site and the whole TEFL.
Just need to ask (probably been asked a thousand times).
I am looking at doing a course, have no idea which one to choose, (on line seems favourably), basically I have looked into home study once before with a large well know company and was totally done over. They promised the world like everyone does but as soon as I signed on the dotted line and handed over my deposit etc.. there was no way of getting hold of tutors for info, when you handed in work they never gave feedback when they returned it saying needed more work (i'm sure you catch my drift). Anyway can someone tell me a reputable company and the best course to get started on and get qualified etc.. one more thing, how does this course fair, is it difficult? Can most people achieve their goals, just do not want something where getting a degree would be easier!
Hope that all makes sense. Thanks for any info in advance.
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: Suitable courses?

Unread post by systematic »

ree123 wrote:Hi all.
New to site and the whole TEFL.
Just need to ask (probably been asked a thousand times).
Yes, it has; and it's the most hotly discussed subject on this board. Do search the other threads, and then if you don't find an aswer to some specific question you have in mind, don't hesitate to post back on one of the existing threads.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.
ICAL_Pete
Top Contributor

Re: Suitable courses?

Unread post by ICAL_Pete »

ree123 wrote:... can someone tell me a reputable company and the best course to get started on and get qualified etc..
TEFL Course Review is a site where TESL/TEFL courses and course providers - both online and onsite, are independently reviewed and rated by those who have actually taken the course. Hope this helps.