A total newbie needs help :)

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

Lee12

A total newbie needs help :)

Unread post by Lee12 »

Hi all,

I'm a 27 year old male looking for a totally new and exciting career and I truly believe teaching is the way to go for me.

I would absolutely love to teach (all ages), but I'm not really sure where to start. I have visited a variety of websites offering a million and one courses, such as TESOL, TEFL and so on, but ever time I look into it, I hit a brick wall an that is....

....I don't have a diploma/degree :(

The reason for not having one is Uni simply was not for me. Since I was 17 I have been working online as an Internet Marketing Consultant (all self taught).

I have looked at teaching jobs abroad and "most" I come across ask for some base degree, so my questions are....

1) What course should I do? (I'd like to teach English long-term)
2) Do I really need a degree to get a decent teaching job? (I have no intention of going to Uni at all)

....I am more than happy to work anywhere in the world. Latin America, Middle East, Europe and so on.

I look forward to your replies and thank you in advance.

Lee
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: A total newbie needs help :)

Unread post by systematic »

Both of your questions are the most hotly discussed topic on this board. If you search the forums in the appropriate places, you're sure to find what you need. They have been answered in great detail by members who have taken a lot of trouble to provide accurate information.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.
Lee12

Re: A total newbie needs help :)

Unread post by Lee12 »

I realised that after I submitted my post :)

Thank you for the reply.

Lee