Text books

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

skatz

Text books

Unread post by skatz »

This is probably a really dumb question but when buying a text book to use for a class do I also need the cd that comes seperately? I see on Amazon that these are way more expensive than the books! Are there any good beginner textbooks that come in a package with everything you need including teacher guide? Also are the books photocopyable?

Thanks, as you can tell I am a complete newbie :D
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Re: Text books

Unread post by Alex Case »

All good questions. Here goes:

- I would highly recommend buying the CD, especially for a beginner teacher, but if you really can't afford it you can read out from the tapescripts as the students listen or record them before the lesson with a friend and then play that. Alternatively, some courses come with a student CD that includes most or all of the audio

- I'm not aware of any adult courses that come as a package, but a few teacher's books have a copy of the students' book page in the teacher's book and so might cut down on the number of copies you need to buy

- Textbooks are never photocopiable, but some pages of the teacher's book might be. Each photocopiable page will be clearly marked as such, and everything else isn't
skatz

Re: Text books

Unread post by skatz »

Thank you so much Alex, that is all very helpful. I have managed to order the Headway book and teacher's book from the library, also a cd I believe so I will be able to have a look before I commit! The company I will be teaching for is for adult education and they said they will buy my books but students will have to buy their own so I want to pick something worthwhile ;)