Summer Camps?

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

marziali10

Summer Camps?

Unread post by marziali10 »

Hello, I am newly interested in teaching english abroad however before i put in all the time and money i would like to make sure its what i really want to do. Is teaching at a summer camp abroad a good idea? This way i can get a couple of months experience and see if i really like it. Has anyone does this before? Any suggestions as to where i should apply?

Thank You,
Breanna
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: Summer Camps?

Unread post by systematic »

marziali10 wrote:Hello, I am newly interested in teaching english abroad however before i put in all the time and money i would like to make sure its what i really want to do. Is teaching at a summer camp abroad a good idea? This way i can get a couple of months experience and see if i really like it. Has anyone does this before? Any suggestions as to where i should apply?

Thank You,
Breanna
Hi Breanna
It might be a bit late to reply to this, but as no one else has volunteered any info, here goes:

In most of the countries and schools where I have worked, summer camps are mainly organised by the schools, and English language institutes, and teaching is offered to their regular teachers as extra paid holiday work. Summer camps are often more activity based, and less formal than mainstream classes. Schools will generally advertise on the many TEFL jobs boards if they need extra teachers, so there is not much to be gained by applying anywhere just in case vacancies are available.
Some language-learning based tourism franchises occasionally need people. If you find any such posts advertised, it is a good idea to search the Internet for experience of people who have worked for them.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.