Some Advice for a Non Native English Person

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Susan

Registered Member

Some Advice for a Non Native English Person

Unread postby Timmy1981 » 16 Mar 2009, 22:03

Hello everyone,

My name is Timmy and I’m from Belgium. I’ve been dreaming about working in Thailand and train Aikido at the RONIN DOJO for some years now and I would like some advice on how to prepare myself in the best possible way. I do not have a degree in English as a teacher (I have a degree in Hotel), but my English is rather good because I read a lot of English books.

Can anyone tell me which course I should take? I would prefer taking an online course. I can take a 3 week holiday but I doubt that will be enough.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? Do you think a Belgian person like me could get a teaching job in Thailand? I does not have to be a job teaching English but it’s the first thing that comes to mind. I’m also good at online marketing but I don’t speak Thai so…

Warm regards,

Re: Some Advice for a Non Native English Person

Unread postby systematic » 22 Mar 2009, 00:26

You will need a very advanced level of English to be accepted on a genuine TEFL course.get yourself some free practice tests for TOEFL or for IELTS to see how you ... mples.aspx

You will not need to have any knowledge of Thai at all to teach in Thailand.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.
Thailand TESOL forum

Return to “Jobs Discussion - Asia”