Want to Teach in Shenzhen

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

aaron

Want to Teach in Shenzhen

Unread post by aaron »

Hi my name is Aaron from the United States. I want to come to Shenzhen A.S.A.P. I am looking for a good language or training center that is looking for a responsible, sharp, creative, and innovative professionals to teach and mentor adults. I am looking for a good reputable, dependable, and professional language or training center in the Shenzhen area where I can work with adults who want to learn english and who are hungry for knowledge. If anyone out there knows of any good schools or language centers to apply please let me know. I have never been to Shenzhen and I dont know anyone in Shenzhen who has any connections. Any bit of help of personal advice would really be appreciated.
Elaine_397

Re: Want to Teach in Shenzhen

Unread post by Elaine_397 »

aaron wrote:Hi my name is Aaron from the United States. I want to come to Shenzhen A.S.A.P. I am looking for a good language or training center that is looking for a responsible, sharp, creative, and innovative professionals to teach and mentor adults. I am looking for a good reputable, dependable, and professional language or training center in the Shenzhen area where I can work with adults who want to learn english and who are hungry for knowledge. If anyone out there knows of any good schools or language centers to apply please let me know. I have never been to Shenzhen and I dont know anyone in Shenzhen who has any connections. Any bit of help of personal advice would really be appreciated.
actually there are lots tefl courses out there. just be careful in choosing the right training center. here's one http://www.tefllife.com
nomadmic

Re: Want to Teach in Shenzhen

Unread post by nomadmic »

If you want to teach in Shenzhen legally, you must be careful. Many schools say they are legal and can get you a work permit, but this is usually wishful thinking. I worked for Linguaphone Shenzhen for 9 months as Senior Teacher and had given them all the proper paperwork (resume, university diploma, health certificate, etc.) and went for 3 police interviews. Police came in and forced all foreign teachers to sign an admission of guilt. We got a bad stamp in our passports, had to leave for our home countries, get new passports, etc., in order to return, all at our own expense. Com-com is another company that promises and can't come through. Worse than that, they never pay teachers in the end. This has happened to me and countless other teachers, who have worked for them. Govt schools are safer, but try to cheat Foreigners as well. There is no perfect choice. Good luck and watch out for yourself. You are the only one in China, who cares about you.