Online TEFL course

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

philcolman

Online TEFL course

Unread post by philcolman »

I am planning to go abroad to work as an English teacher but before I go I would like to get some basic TEFL training. I have looked at some online TEFL courses and it seems that the most serious and comprehensive one is from this school : http://www.onlineteflcourse.net I would like to hear from anyone who has taken this course, what are your views etc. Thanks for your help.
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: Online TEFL course

Unread post by systematic »

Personally, I don't think there is anything serious about their website. it is cheaply constructed, lacks vital information, there is no company name, street address, or telephone of any kind. Websites like this and which only provide Paypal as a payment scheme do not instill confidence and are extremely suspect. Private individuals can create PayPal accounts for the purpose of receiving money, without out any formalities whatsoever.

A serious course provider will offer several pages of information, and how to contact them personally, along with a secure on-line credit card payment facility in their own name through a recognised commercial gateway.

I would advise my students to look for alternative offers or to check out the other recommendations on this forum.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.
ICAL_Pete
Top Contributor

Re: Online TEFL course

Unread post by ICAL_Pete »

Yes, I agree. If after your search you think that the course they offer is the "most serious and comprehensive one” well you have obviously been looking in the wrong place.