Santiago, Buenes Aires or...

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

thatdress

Santiago, Buenes Aires or...

Unread post by thatdress »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any direct or indirect experience of the courses available in Santiago or Buenes Aires or could particularly recommend another in South America for that reason. I was originally attracted to Chile, but the course they offer there is TEFL rather than Trinity or Cambridge and I have heard mixed things about it. I was also wondering which was a more pleasant place to live, in anyone's opinion...?
Thanks in advance
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: Santiago, Buenes Aires or...

Unread post by systematic »

Hi,
TEFL is a generic acronym for Teaching English as a Foreign Language, TESOL - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages is another one.

They are not the names of any specific course. The Cambridge CELTA, and the Trinity Cert. are among the most highly recognised and respected TEFL courses, but they may not be available in a convenient location for you.

When looking for a TEFL/TESOL training course, do as much background research as possible, they all offer their own home-spun courses. A good place to start is on all the topics that refer to teacher training, TEFL, and TESOL here on the TEFL.net forums
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.