Advice on working in Asia

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

thewattbadger

Advice on working in Asia

Unread post by thewattbadger »

Hi all,

I am about to start a TEFL course i to i 120hr weekend programme to be exact, and my plan is once I have finished to work in Prague for 3 months (as I have worked/lived there before not teaching though) to gain some experience of TEFL in a familiar environment, then to move out to Asia, I really need to know which COUNTRIES NOT SCHOOLS will not allow me to work their without having a degree, I would particularly like to work in Thailand, Japan, Vietnam and Cambodia over the next 3-5 years.

Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to beginning my TEFL career and being a regular poster in this forum!

Robert
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: Advice on working in Asia

Unread post by systematic »

Hi,
It will certainly be very difficult to obtain legal employment in schools in Thailand without a degree. Hotels or companies needing a full time in-house English teacher for their staff are not subject to the same requirement for obtaining a Work Permit, but if you apply for a visa on the basis of any teaching job, the consulate may insist on seeing a degree as they do not understand the difference between mainstream and corporate teaching.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.
Doogs

Re: Advice on working in Asia

Unread post by Doogs »

Indonesia
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Gandhi.