which are the best tefl certificate schools?

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

NRB

which are the best tefl certificate schools?

Unread post by NRB »

How do pick which company is the best to get my tefl certification from? I really want to get my certification in Prague and I really like what tefl worldwide prague ( http://www.teflworldwideprague.com/) has to offer. Is there a better company/school to go through? does it matter? recommendations for shools that I can get a tefl certification from, preferably offer month long course in Prague.
Elaine_397

Re: which are the best tefl certificate schools?

Unread post by Elaine_397 »

hey, have you been to this site? tefllife.com
have a nice time and goodluck!
ICAL_Pete
Top Contributor

Unread post by ICAL_Pete »

Check the posts on independent sites like TEFLCourseReview and TEFLWatch.

These are sites where TESL/TEFL courses and course providers are independently reviewed and rated.

For feedback from ICAL graduates see their posts on the ICAL Forums

Hope this helps
matthew156

Unread post by matthew156 »

I'm not sure but you said you wanted a month long course? If you want the best course/school it will be a longer period than that.
systematic
Top Contributor

Unread post by systematic »

There is already a lot of discussion and good tips on this subject in various topics on this board. The main thing is to avoid scams - some are obvious, some are not.
Even on this board, there are postings from TEFL schools recommending themselves.

If you want to play safe, go for a CELTA course provider, or at least one that has a genuine (not a fake) accreditation.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.
NRB

Unread post by NRB »

Plaese be more specific. I'm ready to buy a ticket and do this, I need help deciding!
joe14

Unread post by joe14 »

Why this interest in Prague? If it's genuine then fair enough, but if it's just another one of those posts to promote a desperate course provider in Prague then they deserve to be struck off at least. I've seen so many "random" posts from people wanting to go to Prague that it sounds like the latter.

If you're genuine on the other hand, then save your money, get a quick course to get qualified and with the money you save enjoy yourself in whichever country you choose.

Prague - especially for Americans - is a dead-end since it's virtually impossible to get the documents to work there.
NRB

Unread post by NRB »

I am genuinally interested in Prague and i'm not promoting any course. I feel like I'm not getting any real concrete help here. Is this true that getting papers to teach in Prague is hard for Americans? Should I get a CELTA or is TEFL good? Whichever is better, then what course provider is good and can help me get a job, I hope in Prague? Don't bother with a reply to this unless you can actually help me with good knowledgable information!!!
systematic
Top Contributor

joe14 wrote:Why this interest in Prague? If it's genuine then fair enough, but if it's just another one of those posts to promote a desperate course provider in Prague then they deserve to be struck off at least. I've seen so many "random" posts from people wanting to go to Prague that it sounds like the latter.
I'll agree with that. It's getting very difficult now on forums to know what are genuine postings, and what are cloaked attempts at dropping a promotional link. At least Lucas makes a straightforward plug for his school ;)
joe14 wrote: Prague - especially for Americans - is a dead-end since it's virtually impossible to get the documents to work there.
On the other hand EU citizens can just go and work there without any further ado.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.
summer

Unread post by summer »

NRB wrote:How do pick which company is the best to get my tefl certification from? I really want to get my certification in Prague and I really like what tefl worldwide prague ( http://www.teflworldwideprague.com/) has to offer. Is there a better company/school to go through? does it matter? recommendations for shools that I can get a tefl certification from, preferably offer month long course in Prague.
Hi, may I know how was your research goin? I'm also very interested in taking TEFL in Prague, have you decide? can you please share with me? I'm looking to go in May 2010.
sakiohma

Unread post by sakiohma »

http://www.teflcoursereview.com really helped me.

I researched just about all tefl schools, but for some odd reason Bridgetefl just seems to really stick to me. I know it may seem weird, but I pay close to attention to a companies html skills on their website. It may be wrong, but I feel as if it lets me know how professional they are and Bridgetefl's html on their website looks so great and professional. I feel as if I can trust them. Also, I have heard many great things about
them.

By the way, I also would like to teach in Prague :)
systematic
Top Contributor

Bridge is a course broker. The website, from its code, looks very much like an adapted template - at least the php looks too good for a one-off job.
ErasmusDesis

Unread post by ErasmusDesis »

a course broker? Does that mean they basically just help students sign up for a course somewhere and you don't necessarily know who the school will be? do they generally have very good connections? I was considering BridgTefl, except for Istanbul; yeah, their website's nice, but they provide only minimal information about facilities, teachers, programs, so that made me wary.
systematic
Top Contributor

Sort of. In an Internet sense, it is a portal - they just take a comission on any sales that are made by clicking through their web site. Very often there is no human element.