Which are best marketable online education degrees for me?

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

Efrain

Which are best marketable online education degrees for me?

Unread post by Efrain »

Hi! I’d like to be an educator but I’m not sure which good education degrees that I can specialize in? The ones with good pay and don’t take so long to complete? I’d like to pursue the courses online.
Abbott

Re: Which are best marketable online education degrees for me?

Unread post by Abbott »

There are several teaching and education career paths that you can take but you’ll have to have at least an idea which area of work you’d prefer. Do you like elementary teaching? What about special education? You could also acquire a bachelor’s degree in education first to see if you’ll enjoy teaching and working in education institutions. There are several resources our there with information on several specialization in online degree program. You go through and see if there’s any specialization that appeals to you. This is about making a career choice that suits your personality and goals, so take time to understand what you’ll be getting into. Good luck on your choices.
systematic
Top Contributor

Unread post by systematic »

The provision of on-line courses is unfortunately a domain where the buccaneers of education are having a field-day. When following Abbot's excellent tip, be sure also to read this page on the same site.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.
hubertjudge

Unread post by hubertjudge »

Hi,

I can highly recommend the two postgraduate courses I have done. One is the Graduate Diploma in TESOL that is offered by the University of Wollongong, Australia. That one is, I think, available in its entirety via the online mode. The other one is the Masters of Education (TESOL) that is offered by the University of South Australia. I did that one via the same mode. If you want to find out more information go to http://www.uow.edu.au/and http://www.unisa.edu.au/.

Cheers,
Hubert Judge.