Anyone with experience teaching in Asia

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

ryinsand08

Anyone with experience teaching in Asia

Unread post by ryinsand08 »

I am very interested if anyone could help me figure out what my options may be. I am currently a college student so I have not finished my degree but I have the TESOL training done and I have an excellent command of the english language along with being very intelligent. (with test scores to show, ACT, SAT, etc..) I have some language tutoring experience and my goal is to find a teaching position in Asia and finish my degree through online work. Can anyone tell me what my options are. I have done a lot of research on my own but any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
jasminade
Rising Star

Re: Anyone with experience teaching in Asia

Unread post by jasminade »

i am sorry for the delay. Your request is vague. Some questions:

Who do you want to teach? Where? Where are you now? Are you a native speaker of English?

It would be no problem to teach in many countriies in Asia, but some countries do indeed require a Degree in some subject as well as a teaching qualification. Others don't, hence the final question.
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: Anyone with experience teaching in Asia

Unread post by systematic »

It is almost impossible to get legal teaching positions in Asian countries without a degree. Any organisations which will employ teachers without a degree are already operating on the wrong side of the law and are notorious for not fulfilling their own side of the agreement. They will not offer the protection of a written contract as such a contract would of course be worthless in an illegal employment situation. See other postings on this board from teachers who have been ripped-off, and run plenty of checks on any schools in Asia which offer you employment. For a first-hand answer to your question check out: Visa and degrees for teaching in Thailand
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.