Global teachers

Discussion about TEFL jobs in Europe

Moderator: Joe

jimo

Global teachers

Unread post by jimo »

I'm curious about the organization Global Teachers. My partner and I are looking for positions in Europe and Global Teachers has accepted our CVs. We are just curious if they are a responsible placement agency and would appreciate any feedback before we pay any fees.

Best regards,
Jim
krisech

Re: Global teachers

Unread post by krisech »

On April 17 2008 I paid global teachers 100 Euros for an application fee. I was told this fee would entitle me to Job placement services. Global teachers said they already had interest in my CV and wanted to set up phone interviews with perspective employers, so I paid the fee. However, no interviews have been forthcoming and then I was asked to pay the fee again because Global Teachers has no record of my payment. I have tried to resolve this problem with Global Teachers saying I had paid the fee and they continue to insist I have not. Also, the phone number given on Global Teachers website appears to not be working. I have contacted my credit card company to dispute these charges. I am also in mediation with pay pal. The name on the pay pal account which accepted my payment is Harry Grabber not global teachers. Do Not Pay the Fee!
jasminade
Rising Star

Unread post by jasminade »

krisech wrote:On April 17 2008 I paid global teachers 100 Euros for an application fee. I was told this fee would entitle me to Job placement services. Global teachers said they already had interest in my CV and wanted to set up phone interviews with perspective employers, so I paid the fee. However, no interviews have been forthcoming and then I was asked to pay the fee again because Global Teachers has no record of my payment. I have tried to resolve this problem with Global Teachers saying I had paid the fee and they continue to insist I have not. Also, the phone number given on Global Teachers website appears to not be working. I have contacted my credit card company to dispute these charges. I am also in mediation with pay pal. The name on the pay pal account which accepted my payment is Harry Grabber not global teachers. Do Not Pay the Fee!

Good post.
jonnielsen

Unread post by jonnielsen »

krisech wrote:On April 17 2008 I paid global teachers 100 Euros for an application fee. I was told this fee would entitle me to Job placement services. Global teachers said they already had interest in my CV and wanted to set up phone interviews with perspective employers, so I paid the fee. However, no interviews have been forthcoming and then I was asked to pay the fee again because Global Teachers has no record of my payment. I have tried to resolve this problem with Global Teachers saying I had paid the fee and they continue to insist I have not. Also, the phone number given on Global Teachers website appears to not be working. I have contacted my credit card company to dispute these charges. I am also in mediation with pay pal. The name on the pay pal account which accepted my payment is Harry Grabber not global teachers. Do Not Pay the Fee!
Thanks for this information and it helps me to decide now. I almost came or try this global teacher 6 mnths ago and maybe that's why I cannot make up my mind to try it by that time. I think they are not really reliable and now I won't to for it anymore.
"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. "
Editor @ Daily Reviews
ICAL_Pete
Top Contributor

Unread post by ICAL_Pete »

Personally I don't believe you should pay ANY placement agency to find teaching work. They are usually paid by the schools rather than the teachers.