Pay scale for business English

Discussion on teaching Business English

Moderator: Joe

Dave T

Pay scale for business English

Unread post by Dave T »

Hi All

New on here but not new to EFL.

I was just trying to gather some info on the sort of money people would expect to get for teaching business English in the UK. Anyone out there have any ideas that could help me on this?
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Re: Pay scale for business English

Unread post by Alex Case »

The UK is one of the few places that doesn't pay much more for Business English teachers- a little more than general TEFL teachers, but less than TESOL positions with refugees etc.
learn_spanish_mexico

Unread post by learn_spanish_mexico »

You would have to be more specific with a region. Business english teachers in Japan make a lot more than Business english teachers in Kenya would...
gec

Unread post by gec »

simplosys wrote:It depends on the region where you want to go. One of my friend is earning 40,000. mostly it ranges from 40K - 55K.
Is that British Pounds, US Dollars, euros, Thai Baht, Zimbabwe Dollars???
There are a lot of Business English teachers (myself included) who would be very interested to know where they can teach to earn that sort of money in pounds or euros.
MBrooker

Unread post by MBrooker »

I agree.
When I was teaching Business English in Seoul I could charge anywhere up to 150 US per hour.
Here in Brno I'd be lucky to earn anywhere near that.
Martin.
jonnielsen

Unread post by jonnielsen »

There is also a country that pays a little for business english teachers. Philippines is one of it, pay scale is usually 150 USD.
"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. "
Editor @ Daily Reviews
systematic
Top Contributor

Unread post by systematic »

Business English as an in-company teacher in Thailand could earn you as much as 1,500 baht per hour. If you get a full time job on an open ended contract that's about GBP 30,000 per year. Not to be sneered at...
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.