Where in the world...

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions

Moderator: Joe

HSRob

Where in the world...

Unread post by HSRob »

Afternoon all,
Requirements for teaching in countries seems to change regularly, as do visa requirements. I have done a small amount of travelling through Asia, Australia and Africa but wish to continue after spending the last 4 years as a corporate advisor. My issue is, I never went to university and got a degree, something I never thought I would come to regret. Are people aware of counties throughout South America, Africa or Asia where I can teach with just a good TEFL qualification and not a BA or equivalent? Contradicting info of TEFL sites, recruitment sites etc etc have fried my brain. Of course this should be entirely legal, I'm not looking for, 'get there then keep it hush hush', and I am talking about paid jobs rather than volunteering.
All comments welcome,
Kindest Regards
Rob.
Comenius

Unread post by Comenius »

You might want to try investigating some of the smaller countries in SE Asia such as Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos.
HSRob

Unread post by HSRob »

Comenius wrote:You might want to try investigating some of the smaller countries in SE Asia such as Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos.
Thank you, Vietnam for readers of this thread is a no but I shall try Cambodia and Laos. Thank you for the response.

RD
glenji

Unread post by glenji »

To work legally in Vietnam you need notarised and translated degree certificate, police clearance from your own country and some sort of EFL teaching qualification. Most of the good schools can help you translate your documents and make the process pretty easy so long as you have the correct paperwork.