Any tips fo books for Cambridge exams?

Help, tips and advice in teaching English

Moderator: Joe

Richardspain

Any tips fo books for Cambridge exams?

Unread post by Richardspain »

I am trying to organise textbooks for a new course that will take Cambridge exams. I personally like English File and would prefer to use those books but I cannot find out how they tie in with the Cambridge exams. I.e. Does English File 1 correspond with KET, 2 with PET and 3 with FCE or is it much more complicated. I have trawled the internet looking for information, but I can't find anything.

Any help would be much appreciated.

PS Thanks for your help for my previous question.
Lucy
Top Contributor

Unread post by Lucy »

Hi Richard,

I'm glad I was able to help yesterday. I agree with you about English File; I think it's a great series.

I've just looked at my copy of English File and the UCLES website. The blurb on the back of the Elementary book says it covers Council of Europe Level A1 and leads into Level A2. According to the UCLES site, the KET exam covers Level A2. So I guess the second book covers the level requird for KET. I suggest you check this with the publisher (OUP); I'm sure they have reps in Spain.

Bear in mind that whilst the book covers the language and skills required for the exam, your students will also need a lot of exam practice and introduction to exam strategies (time management, planning answers.....).

Good luck!

Lucy