Deleted message?

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions

Moderator: Joe

magicnumber9

Deleted message?

Unread post by magicnumber9 »

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this message, however I could not find an alternative.

I received information re. job opportunities in China in my mailbox, however on going back today it is no longer there. How can I get the information back? Is there a time limit to how long messages can be stored in my inbox, and if so shouldn't it be better advertised if that is the case?

Thank you for any help.
josef
Admin

Unread post by josef »

If you are talking about jobs at TEFL.net ESL Jobs, they roll off the page after 30 days. However, you may be able to find it by doing a search for posts older than 30 days. To do a search click "Search Job Ads".

It is also possible that the position has been filled and the post removed.

http://www.tefl.net/esl-jobs/esl-jobs.pl

If you are not talking about the above you probably mean a different website.
magicnumber9

Unread post by magicnumber9 »

Hello TN,

Thank you for the prompt reply. It was actually a job description sent direct to my inbox, not one from an ad. Does that make any difference, or are messages automatically deleted from my inbox after a certain amount of time?
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Unread post by Alex Case »

I think this person means a PM (private message)was sent to them through this forum and then deleted? Any idea if that is possible?
josef
Admin

Unread post by josef »

magicnumber9 wrote:are messages automatically deleted from my inbox after a certain amount of time?
No, they are deleted when your inbox is full (25 messages). Other than that there is no reason for a message to be deleted except by you.