Degree Question About Korea

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

gaiwoqianren

Degree Question About Korea

Unread post by gaiwoqianren »

Hi everyone,

Here is the old degree question for teaching in Korea; but with a twist!! I really want to start teaching in Korea ASAP, and graduate (get my degree) in the middle of August (the 18th). My University has said they can supply me with a sealed transcript and an official sealed letter stating that I have fullfilled the degree requirements. Would this be adequate for Korean visa purposes, as I want to be on the plane on the 20th, and would fly into the country with my official degree anyway? Any advice would be appreciated.
shlee
Rising Star

Options...

Unread post by shlee »

If you can get to a Korean consulate in the States simply bring your official records with you. Tell them you want certified copies of your documents (5 or more is probably best) they will make photocopies of your official documents and then certify them to be valid and official with all of the appropriate stamps you will need. Once you arrive in Korea, give the certified documents to your employer who can take them to immigration. Others who have given away their only copy of their original documents have been burned big time. This would be my advice, and it is a fully recognized way of presenting your documents...Hope this helps...
gaiwoqianren

Korea Visa

Unread post by gaiwoqianren »

Nice job. That about takes care of it...xie xie!!
Fr Anthony

Re: Degree Question About Korea

Unread post by Fr Anthony »

Hi I had the same problem but no you can arrive in Korea but you need your Certificate . You will need to supply the Transcripts in a sealed envelope but do send by Registered Post . If you do not have a Degree Trinity International http://www.trinityinternationalcu.com can be a great help They did all the Embassy Legalisation Washington Apostille Notary of Public . They helped me a lot Fr Anthony