English for Tourism with some linguistcs

English grammar and usage issues

Moderator: Joe

donadona

English for Tourism with some linguistcs

Unread post by donadona »

Dear all,

I have been asked to provide a proposal for a course on the English of Tourism and tourism discourse aiming to develope both knowledge of inguistic concepts and the language skills of the students. I did not find much which brings together the theoretical level and the more practical level. I found this book by a researcher of the University of Pisa published not long ago, sometime this 2006.

Sun, Sea, Sex and the Unspoilt Countryside. How the English language makes tourists out of readers, by Gloria Cappelli, here's the link:
http://www.paripublishing.com/books/sunseasex/

I was wondering whether somebody knew this book, and whether this could be a good choice for undergraduate students. It seems to meet most of my requirements, so, before ordering it, I wanted to hear some comments.

Thank you in advance.

Donatella

PS: A reference to a journal with a review of the book would be equally helpful. Thank you.
Lucy
Top Contributor

Coursebook for English for tourism with linguistics

Unread post by Lucy »

Hello Donatella,

I don't know this coursebook or any review of it.

Sorry, I'm not able to comment on its suitability.

I'm moving your question into the "open forums" so other people can contribute.

Best wishes,

Lucy
donadona

Unread post by donadona »

Thank you very much, dear Lucy. In the end I ordered the book. It seemed the easiest thing to do, given the relatively low price. I will let you know how it is. Please, feel free to move my message whatevery you think is its most appropriate collocation. Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Donatella
Lucy
Top Contributor

Travel and linguistics

Unread post by Lucy »

Hi Donatella,

sorry I couldn't do more to help.

I'd love to know what you think of the book when you start using it.

Lucy