TEFL cert 'on- line -or distance'

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

zaz

TEFL cert 'on- line -or distance'

Unread post by zaz »

hej hej

I have read the forum discussion about taking the tefl cert online .........and how it should be checked that it is verified by a reputable educational body.

However I cannot find anywhere that the bodies recommended do an online cert :? As I live in Sweden and there are no courses being run here - an online course is my only option :roll:

Does anyone know which of the online certificate courses would then be the best to go for , bearing in mind the comments about their being a waste of money and not recognised as a certificate. :?

any suggestions or advice please ?

Zaz
HenryTeach

Unread post by HenryTeach »

zaz

Unread post by zaz »

thanks Henryteach! mush appreciated :)

zaz
zaz

Unread post by zaz »

I have another query attched to this one !

Is ICAL a legit company - I kno you have recommended it but before I part with £150 I need to know that they exist and do what they say!

How is it possible to check up on these online places when in another country.

if anyone has doen an online course with them I would appreciate your viewpoint

thanks again -ZAZ
HenryTeach

Unread post by HenryTeach »

Yes, it's perfectly legit. They have plenty of students with them (see their forums).

But the bottom line is that you pay by Credit Card and if there's an issue you can always claim it back which gives you financial protection.
zaz

Unread post by zaz »

another question Henryteach- do you think they are good - Ical , I mean!

:)

ZAz
Hunkydory

Unread post by Hunkydory »

i'm currently working through my online course with tefl-prague
http://www.tefl-prague.com
no complaints so far except that i'm finding the course a lot more demanding than i previously bargained for.
feel free to get in touch if you need any feedback.
online study rocks :!: :mrgreen:
chrisw

Unread post by chrisw »

I have to go with onsite training here. Before I begin why, I will say that I run a TEFL Course in Prague so I am obviously a bit biased with this. However, I firmly believe that if you want to do TEFL, take a real course that involves teaching practice. That's the only way you'll get better.

Teaching is less about knowlege and more about skill. You can read every single TEFL book in the world, but actually doing it in the classroom is how you improve. Think of playing a sport. Would reading a book on how to swim actually help you swim better? Or, would being in a real pool and practicing be the better option?
Chris Westergaard
The Language House