Looking for teaching work,while currently working full time.

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions

Moderator: Joe

TommyJ

Looking for teaching work,while currently working full time.

Unread post by TommyJ »

Just wondering, has anybody had problems looking for TEFL work abroad while currently working? For example, has anyone had problems organising interviews around your job? Are most agencies flexible when deciding on Interviews?
Im an Irish citizen and I want to teach in South Korea, where my girlfriend lives but I might have trouble doing this if I have to get full time work.
Any advice on this would be great, cheers!
TommyJ

Re: Looking for teaching work,while currently working full t

Unread post by TommyJ »

I know this might have seemed like a stupid question, but I do worry alot about this because I am desperate to get out to Korea. If ANYONE has any advice for me about this PLEASE tell me. I would only be kind enough to give advice back if I had any.
I want to send CV's out to agencies based in Korea primarely over Ireland, because I think they would be more inclined to set up interviews very early in the morning (irish time) as Korea is 8 hours ahead of Ireland. This would suit me, due to the fact I am now working full time in Ireland.

I worry alot about this because I never looked for tefl work before. Thats all!
Susan
Top Contributor

Re: Looking for teaching work,while currently working full t

Unread post by Susan »

I haven't had the experience with Korea but most prospective employers understand that you have a life and a job and will propose times that suit you and them. I don't see it being too much of a problem and as you say, the time difference means you'll get invited to interview early in the morning.